• My hair tips & tricks!



1. NEVER go to sleep on wet hair.
There is a big misconception that you get better definition by styling on sopping wet hair. I completely disagree. (Unless a hooded dryer is being used) I twist on slightly damp hair for more than one reason.

1.  I know that my hair will be dry in the morning.

2. Ensures less shrinkage in my take down process.

3. And lastly, I get more volume in my hair. Who doesn't like big hair?



2. Stay away from heat!

I've noticed the health of my hair has changed as I've stayed away from heat during my natural journey. The ONLY times I use heat in my styling process are when I press my hair (only twice a year) and if I have to wash my hair in the morning I use the blow dryer for about 5 minutes to get some of the moisture out of my curls before I twist.




3. Twist in the morning when you can.

A lot of people ask how my curls remain so defined during my twist out process. I've found out lately that if I am heading out later on in my day twisting in the morning has become my very best friend. In doing this I am not able to disrupt my twist pattern with my crazy sleep ways and it is easier for me to achieve the big hair that we all love.



4. When doing "plat-like" or hanging twist out, Bobbi pin the base of your twist.

This has been a recently learned trick I came across on my many YouTube excursions. By placing the Bobbi pin on the base of the twist it keeps the roots from poofing up during the drying process and it also keeps the twist from unraveling as much as they set as well.


5. Take advantage of your shower steam!!!

Moisture is very important to our natural curls and one way I ensure that my hair sees some type of moisture everyday is by dishing my shower cap and allowing my hair to soak up some of the warm moisture in the shower.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment