• Favorite Natural Hair Vloggers



Good morning beautiful people!

The weather has finally given way to the freezing cold grip Mother Nature had around our necks, and the spring (summer for us Southern US kids) is here! The past few weeks have been filled with mid to high 90 degree temps and 60% humidity, which leaves us natural girls with a little extra work to do. As you prepare for those summer temps and trips, here are a few of my favorite vloggers! They each bring something different to the table, so make sure you check them out on those days you need a little more hair inspiration. 
(In no particular order)

1. My Natural Sistas

This Texas trio makes sure to provide a wide range of tutorials suited to fit a wide spectrum of those on their natural journey. From big chop tutorials, discussions about proper color application, to those videos about health and wellness; these young ladies emphasize the benefits of total health as it relates to healthy hair. Each sister has a different length and texture making for a larger audience. I appreciate their candor and down to earth personalities, as they make their way through their natural journeys as well. Definitely a good stop to make if you are looking for your summer hairstyles!

2. Naptural85 


If you have been natural any amount of time, and watch YouTube; I am sure you know of whom I am referencing. This young lady has hair for days, and tutorials for it all as well. She was one of the first vloggers I encountered as I began my journey and I am now a subscriber to all three of her channels. (Her daughter Olivia is just the cutest thing) She has been the inspiration for a lot of the hair products I have used and the kitchen concoctions I have created. She is the perfect stop for those looking for a more natural regimen! She has been venturing out a little this past year, but a lot of her older videos provide instructions on how to create your own flax seed gel, mud wash, and deep conditioner just to name a few.Check her out, you won't be disappointed. 

3. Mahogany Curls

One of my more recent subscriptions, about a year or so, she has been awesome for those styles that don't require a lot of tension and stress on your precious curls. A devout LOC method user, she is big on finger de-tangling and low manipulation styling.  I didn't really believe that something as simple as replacing your hair tools with your fingers could indeed allow for hair retention, until I came across her channel. I have since then altered my hair styling techniques and have seen changes. For those looking for information on low manipulation styles, hair product reviews, and awesome live Q&A feeds check her out!

4. Fusion of Cultures

Another subscription that is a little more recent, within the last year I would say, this young ladies channel gives me all the life. With a similar texture and a closer length to what I am working with, she provides me with styling techniques that don't have to be altered as much on my end. Another inspiration when it comes to products, her reviews are quite thorough and informational. I love her simplistic styles and love for big hair! I colored my hair, after watching a video on hers and falling in love. Definitely a great channel for anyone looking for amazing braid out and twist out tutorials! 

5. All That's Gold

This was actually the first channel I was referred to when attempting to figure out this stuff called hair that was growing out of my head. She doesn't have nearly as many subscribers as some of the others mentioned but she definitely got me through my first year of being natural. She has since then big chopped again, relaxed her hair, and then big chopped again; but either way her tutorials were some of my favorite!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment