• Loreal's Youth Code Texture Perfector Review

Hello my naptural beauties!

About 2 months ago I decided to test out the Loreal's Youth Code Texture Perfector after watching a raving review on YouTube. I literally skipped off to Wal-Mart the next day ready to purchase this magic serum and began counting down the weeks time that I was supposed to see some results. The products site claims the following:



- In 1 week, over 70% of women experienced tightened, less visible pores.- In 1 week, over 80% of women saw smoother, softer texture.- In 1 month, women state that pores appear smaller, fine lines are reduced and texture is smoother.- 79% of women report seeing an improvement in skin quality.**Based on consumer self-assessments
(http://www.lorealparisusa.com/en/Products/Skin-Care/Treatments/Youth-Code-Texture-Perfector-Serum-Concentrate.aspx)

Any one that knows me, knows that I have been struggling with acne and mild hyper-pigmentation since I was about 15 years old. Nothing too attention grabbing, but it is enough to make me feel a little self conscious. I have tried just about everything, and when I think I have it under control my face quickly reminds me that I don't. I followed the products listed directions for about the first month of use, and saw very minor changes. I am currently finishing up the bottle, and I feel like I am back where I began. For a while I did think they were lightening up, but I am not sure if these are new scars or the same ones I started with.

In conjunction with this serum,  I did wash my face twice a day; either using the oil cleansing method (post coming soon) or Burt's Bees Orange Essence Cleanser. I tried to exfoliate once or twice a week using the Orange Essence Cleanser and my face brush, or the Burt's Bees Peach and Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub as over exfoliation isn't good for acne prone skin. I have been attempting to combat the acne as well, and it has been working for the most part. I have a few breakouts here and there but nothing near where my face was as I approached graduation this past December. That is when this all began again. My diet has been pretty good, I have upped my water intake, and I have even been using ACV as a toner (and that stuff stinks!).

Here are some pictures, hopefully you can see what I am talking about. The left side of my face is the worst, and the hyper-pigmentation is mostly along my jawline.

Before i began using the product (you can see a few dark spots on my cheek and along my jawline)


After Use: (I just took these this morning, and as you can see, my dark sports are still just as visible. Please ignore the bump distracting your view, but other than that I didn't see much change) 




Not saying that the product is completely a bust, but I definitely don't know if it is for everyone. The reviews I did watch had me anticipating more, and the results I received didn't wow me. My forehead did see more change than my major problem area, but nothing too notable. I am trying to decide if I wanted to purchase another and see if the key is consistency and longevity, but I haven't decided yet. I received better results years ago when I used the good ole' faithful Ambi cream.

Have you tried this product out? Let me know how it worked out for you! Out of a 10, I would say that this product for me was about a 4.5. For those of you who received better results, share your tips down below.




No comments:

Post a Comment