• Regimen vs No Regimen

"I scream and stamp and shout
for more beautiful beautiful beautiful
black men with outasight afros"
Nikki Giovanni
- Beautiful Black Men

I have to admit my weakness for a man with beautiful tresses.
Whether it be dreads, a fro, or waves.
When a fine brotha is rocking it, my heart tends to skip a beat.

As we women spend countless hours, dollars, and actually lose hair trying to grow hair.
Men are out here acquiring what we want so badly.
As I was reading around urbanbushbabes.com recently a post I came across talked about one of the current authors and her boyfriend and his hair regimen...
Which was NO regimen at all.
Thinking about a friend of mine, I sent him a link to the post.
He does pretty much nothing to his hair, but besides the occasional single strand knots I pull out when he's not paying attention =) his hair is rather healthy. No visual notice of split ends or severe damage.  Besides washing his hair, he doesn't use product and his curls at times look better than mine. (Not all the time lol ) I just found this to be interesting.

We as women work so hard to create looks that these men acquire naturally. And I'm not sure how I feel about it. lol

My friend and his cool hair.
Will be about 2 years of growing as we approach the fall and besides the occasional tapers his regimen, is no regimen.







No comments:

Post a Comment