• Naptural Beauty: First up!!! Ms.Crystal Witt

 What is your name?
- Crystal Witt (bka C. Breezy :) )

What is your natural story?
- I began transitioning to go natural my sophomore year of college, which was about 4 years ago. To be quite honest, me going natural had absolutely no base at all. I was your typical broke college student who could no longer afford to go to the shop every 6 weeks for a relaxer. So as the perm began to grow out, so did my new growth. The longer I went without a perm, the more I began to notice that my "treacherous" new growth was producing  thick, kinky, defined locks of curls.
Now, the transitioning process itself wasn't as glamorous. I tried to avoid dealing with my hair as much as possible through a plethora of transitional styles. However, when you have to work through  two different textures of hair, it can become overwhelming. My overwhelm turned into frustration, which eventually ended in a very sporadic "big chop" in my bathroom. I cut every bit of remaining perm off (which was quite a bit) , and didn't turn back.
What are your top 3 fav products?
- I'm currently on my 3rd big chop :); so right now with my short cut, my top 3 favorite products that I cannot live without include:  Fantasia's "Thick and Shine" styling gel; Roots of Nature's "mango oil and cupuaco butter- butter whip coil cream; and Roots of Nature "mango oil and cupuaco butter" curl reviving spray. HOWEVER, when my hair was longer I lived for a good twist out. My best twist out were achieved with my Ailykay Natural's Shea Yogurt Hair Moisturizer. I was obsessed with this stuff!  You only needed a little to master a funky twist out...and it leaves your hair smelling delicious! :)

 What styles have you loved the most & not so much?
- I love my wash and go curls I've been rocking lately with my short hair.  I absolutely LOVED my "tuck in roll" style, inspired via Youtube, when I had longer hair. My blown out, twist out was everything at that time. Also, my yarn twist was always a faithful transitional style.

Now, I can honestly can't say that I've never rocked a style that I didn't care so much for. However, the first year when my fro began to grow out, it went through that infamous awkward stage, that I hate ever so much. You can never really do too much with your hair at that point, well I couldn't. That's when the sew-ins, braids, twists, etc. came into play until I crossed the hurdle.

How would you describe your style? 
-My style is a big melting pot. It's really a determinant on my mood that day; this goes for my hair as well. I love just throwing stuff together. Depending on the day my style is sometimes chic, a lot of time bohemian, a little vintage, or even a little "urban meets prep" at times. But it's ALWAYS me! My style is mine!
I love accessories! Give me big earrings, a printed scarf, and a statement belt and you have my heart. Over the past year, I've really gotten into make-up. This has caused me to become a Youtube make-up tutorial junkie- don't judge me! :) But overall, I'm simple. I'm just a girly girl who loves all things glitz, glam, and leopard print! ( The motto that I live by )



Do you have any words of advice for our newly naptural beauties?
- Stay strong and make it through your first year, after that it's on and poppin'! :) Don't be afraid to try out different styles! Embrace YouTube, it hasn't failed me yet. Be free! Enjoy the process, it will show you alot about yourself. As cliche' as that sounds, there is much truth behind it. You'll see! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment