• Havana Twists

These twists originate from a hair salon by the name of Afrigenix in NYC.
I came across a picture on a blog last Monday and fell in love with them instantly.

via islandmix.com

This is the picture that I saw, so of course I did a Youtube search to find tutorials on how to do them myself since I'm no where near NYC. Surprisingly they were all pretty simple and straight forward.
They use a specific type of hair at their salon (that I can't quite remember the name of right now)
but, for the purpose of my hairstyle I used Marley braiding hair because it was just and experimental type thing.

I'm not really a video tutorial person so below is just a small clip showing how to attach them to your scalp and complete the twist




Directions:
1. Fold hair in half
2. Use your piece of hair as the 3rd piece of the plat
3. Braid down about 4 times for a secure attachment
4. Separate your hair into 2 piece and begin to twist with the Marley hair
to keep ends secure, dip in hot water or you can take a lighter to them if you so desire.





No comments:

Post a Comment