• Natural Hair Deep Conditioner

 
 
As I continue to find ways to incorporate natural products into my daily hygiene regimen, I stumbled upon a great deep conditioner that works wonders on my hair! I've tried a few different combinations over the almost 4 years that I've been natural and this one has worked the best. So if you and interested, keep reading.
 
Things you'll need:
 
A ripe banana
1 egg
Olive Oil
your favorite conditioner
a blender
a spoon & bowl
 
 
Step 1:
Mix your egg and banana together in a bowl. (I used the term ripe because the softer the banana the easier it is to mix everything together especially if you don't have a blender on hand)
 
Step 2:
Add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil. (I usually eyeball mine, I know when my hair is dryer that I should add more oil and vice versa)
 
Step 3:
Pour in about a 1/3 cup of conditioner. (I have seen many other deep conditioners that omit this step and replace it with avocado and or mayonnaise but, I prefer using conditioner)
 
Step 4:
Place all your items into a blender and run for a few seconds or until smooth
 
Step 5:
Apply all over your head focusing on the outer most part of your hair and the ends.
 
Step 6:
Let sit for 20-25 minutes. I use 2 shower caps because all of my hair typically doesn't fit into one and just take care of whatever needs to be done around the house.
 
Step 7:
Rinse out with lukewarm water!!! (You DO NOT want to use hot water during this step as it will cook the egg and make it horrible for your to get out of your curls)
 
Step 8:
Style as usual
 
So I am sure a few of you are wondering what do these ingredients do for my hair specifically and I am a few steps in front of you!
 
Bananas: Bananas are awesome for dry, itchy, or flaky hair  With regular use, a banana hair mask can increase the moisture content of your hair and potentially soothe your itchy scalp. Bananas contain the mineral silica which are said to increase hair thickness which also helps strengthen the hair long term.
 
Eggs: Eggs are an awesome protein treatment for your as it helps with strengthening the hair. They are also full of biotin,  which the Natural Hair Community knows a ton about, it is a B vitamin that promotes hair growth and overall scalp health.
 
Olive Oil: The fatty acids that olive oil is made up of will coat the shaft of your hair, helping to keep it healthy and protected and give them a sleeker, smoother, and healthier appearance.

Let me know how this works out for you naptural beauties!

Kiara

No comments:

Post a Comment