• Fall Lip Colors for Darker Skin Tones



Hello my naptural beauties!

As fall is quickly approaching I thought I would switch it up a little and do a post on my favorite fall lippys. These are some colors that I've come across over the past few years that have been great, and would be awesome additions to to the collection for my darker skin ladies out there!

This post will feature some drugstore lippys as well as some from MAC and Sephora as well. All looks shown are super affordable and shouldn't be too hard to find, as they have been out for a while!

As you can probably tell, I am a sucker for berry and purple lip shades. I've realized that purples are what work best for my skin shade, normally those with a blue undertone. I have a cool, more grey undertone to my skin so I shy away from bright reds and pinks that are warmer as they tend to look slightly clown like on me.


Here are a few swatches of the colors pictured above. You will also see a pic of some of my fav lip liners. Most of the lip liners I own are NYX or Jordana. They work really well for me and are around 3-4 bucks. For those on a budget they are perfect and get the job done!



1. Revlon - Black Cherry 

This was actually one of the first lip colors I purchased period, and I have about 3 floating around my house. One in the makeup organizer, one normally stays in my purse lip stick pouch, and one some how makes it into coat pockets and disappears from time to time. This is the perfect fall go to burgundy, everyday lippy. It looks good with just about everything and is great for those days when you just need a pop of color that isn't too dramatic. 


2. Sephora - Crush and MAC - Desire 

Sticking with the deep red/burgundy shades, this Sephora lippy is also a great everyday shade. I am normally not much of a lip gloss fan, but I love this combo. It goes perfectly with a neutral eye and can be transformed to a night look with a simple switch to a more dramatic smokey eye.


3. MAC - Cyber

This is one of those colors that everyone either has, or has heard about. Good ole Cyber, is a deep purple that on some can actually appear black. I normally pair mine with my deep purple NYX lip liner or do an ombre' look with a lighter purple.

For my dark skin ladies, if you aren't careful it can wash you out so make sure to pair it with something that will "round" out the look.

A great drugstore dupe for this color is the Rimmel  by Kate number 4. But at times it is harder to get your hands on than the actual Mac shade.


4. Revlon - Berry Haute w/ NYX Deep Purple Liner

On a quest to find the perfect Heroine dupe (which I still haven't found) I stumbled across this Revlon shade in Berry Haute. I believe I actually heard Beauty by JJ mention it in one of her fall dupe videos a year or two ago. In my opinion is doesn't compare to MACs Heroine at all, but I have fallen in love with this lippy anyway. It a great lighter purple shade for cooler undertone dark-skinned women.



 5. MAC - Heroine

This is probably my favorite lipstick out of the 40 that I have collected over the years. I reach for this more than any of the rest of them not just during the fall but throughout the entire year. Just about everyone I know has this shade and had to fight sold out stores just to get it. It is the perfect purple shade for just about everything. I reach for it most on my nights out it adds just the right amount of sexiness to any look.




 6. Revlon Matte Balm - Shameless & MAC - Flat out Fabulous

These last two I actually combined to condense this post, but I love them both on their own as well. I ran to my local Walgreens when the I heard that the Revlon Matte Balm line had a matte purple shade. (this is probably the closest I've come to a Heroine dupe) I absolutely love this shade and it another that I keep in my purse just about all the time.

MACs Flat Out Fabulous is a new one for me, I purchased it while in NYC for my birthday last month. Last year, I purchased Up the Amp when I finally was able to get my hands on Heroine and I was told that I should take Up the Amp back and get Flat Out Fabulous, I must say that those who made that suggestion were on to something. I LOVE this color and in combination with Shameless and my plum NYX liner it creates the most amazing ombre' fall lippy!


Which was your favorite? Do you have any that you think I should add to the list? Let me know and hope you enjoyed!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment