• Hair Journey! Post Big Chop to Present!



Looking at yourself in the mirror completely different from any way you have seen yourself your entire life can be hard. Whether it is dealing with an injury, a noticeable scar, or weight gain can make even the strongest of people uncomfortable. I would have considered myself a very strong person a few years ago, that was until I decided to embark upon my own natural journey.

While drinking my tea at my desk this morning, I stumbled across a picture I took after my big chop almost 4 years ago. I had pushed this picture so far to the back of my memory that it didn’t even make my first blog post. I don’t even remember taking it to be honest.

I was so uncomfortable with my decision that I didn’t enjoy the process. I was so concerned about how fast my hair would grow that I didn’t stop to enjoy those months where “wash and go’s” were all I could do! I had become so wrapped up in the perception of beauty that I refused to let myself embrace who I was, naturally.

This post was created to simply walk you through the past few years. I am 2 months away from my 4 year big chop anniversary and despite every concern I had, my hair did grow. I enjoy the process and focus on my personal health knowing that the rest will fall into place.

So, to the young lady that might be nervous, do what makes you happy. Do what makes you feel good in your skin. If you big chop and wear weave, so what? It’s your hair. Enjoy every day in your body, you only get one!

Enjoy!

August 2010


Winter 2010



Spring/Summer 2011




Summer 2012




Fall 2012



 Summer 2013


Winter 2013



Present 



No comments:

Post a Comment