• Temporary Color on Natural Hair


If you are anything like me, the thought of drastically changing the color of your hair scares you just a little bit. Okay, a lot.

If this would have been 3-4 years ago, slapping some purple in my hair wouldn't have taken a second thought. However, now with a career and goals to progress in my career field in mind, I don't think purple hair would be the best idea.

But, that doesn't mean that a girl can't have fun!!! With summer right around the corner and tons of weekend trips coming up, it is the perfect time to experiment with different looks.

I came across a natural hair vlogger who posted a picture on her instagram and she had purple and blue tips and as I read she shared her secret, cream eye shadow. Maybelline Color Tattoo is a line of vibrant cream shadows and surprisingly they work very well for temporary hair color. I've seen the hair chalks and those tend to fade drastically during the day as well as stain your clothing. The color tattoo did lighten gradually over the 3 days that it was in my hair but it didn't stain my clothes or my scarf for that matter.

This is the color I used for my results


I woke up this past Saturday morning and using nothing but my fingers placed the cream shadow over all the parts of my hair that were dyed brown going in the same direction as my curls. I used the rest to color random black coils around my hair and this one small pot was enough to get the results I was looking for. I then put my 3 day old flexi rod set into a pineapple as I showered and got ready for the day to let it set for a while. Parts of my hair being lighter than the others created a two tone effect, but I liked it. It gave it a little depth.



The response I received was amazing. I just knew people were going to know that it was fake but to my surprise I was getting asked all day what dye I used and how did I lift my hair to get these results. I got compliments throughout the weekend and personally loved the look! I will definitely be doing it again before the summer is over.

You should definitely give this a try if you just want a fierce color for a few days, or if you are thinking about permanently coloring your hair and want to see what it will look like first. Last night after returning home after a 5 hour drive, washing my hair wasn't sounding like too much fun. I decided to put some coconut oil on my ends and blot with a towel and the color that was left came out! My curls were somewhat still intact and I threw it in a puff on my head and shall wear this for a few more days!

This is something that you can probably stretch out for a week or so if you are the type to style your hair once a week, so give it a try and share the secret with your friends!



Enjoy my Naptural Beauties!

@va_slim25 (ig)





































No comments:

Post a Comment