• Wand Curls on Natural Hair

Hello my Naptural Beauties! 

Here with a quick step by step for how I get these amazing curls!!! This is only my second time using a curl wand on my hair but I definitely think I like the way they turned out this time more than the last. 


All you will need: 
(I have not mastered this thing without the thermal glove, I am still quite the novice)


1. I am starting on a 3 day old twist-out. My hair is already moisturized, this part is optional; gently detangle medium size sections.


2. Once detangled, use wand and hold for approx 5-7 seconds. I actually wrap my hand around my hair and the wand, which is why I use the glove, to allow for a smoother curl from root to end. 

TIP: I focused the wand on the ends of my hair to allow my curls to have more length. 


 3. After taking the hair off the wand, hold the curl together with your hand for about 5-10 more seconds to further set the curl before moving on to the next piece of hair. 


4. I used larger sections of hair this time to create more of a wave as apposed to a tight curl. I just separated the curls and went on about my business. To preserve the style I put my hair in a pineapple and have to touch up a few every other morning!


Final Look:


** This is the look I got using smaller sections of hair when I first used the wand on my hair Saturday


What do you think? Are you a fan of wand curls? 
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment