• Twist Out on Blown Out Natural Hair



Hello My Naptural Beauties!

Here with a quick pictorial post showing how I achieved this look!

This last year, as previously mentioned in other posts, I’ve tried more styles with my hair than in any other year. I’ve used more heat, which isn’t necessarily a good thing. However, I’ve learned a lot about how my hair functions and been able to enjoy a lot more of my length because of it. (By heat I mostly mean using the tension blow dry method after washing, not flat irons or hooded dryers) I wash my hair once every week /week and a half depending on my schedule.

What about heat damage???

I make sure to deep condition often!!! I also clip my ends regularly to hopefully prevent it from happening. So far so good! I definitely try to combat those the best way I know how! And I do not blow dry my hair every time I wash it. I have extra time, I’ll braid it so it can stretch as it air dries overnight so I can style it the next morning.

Okay now onto the style!

First, I pre-pooed with my mixture of EVOO and JBCO. After massaging that in, I used my fav Raw Shea Butter Hair Masque from Shea Moisture as my deep conditioner. I left that in for about 30-45 minutes.  

I then washed my hair with Trader Joe’s Tingle Tea Tree shampoo and conditioner.  I only shampoo my roots and put conditioner on the rest of my hair before I rinse it out. Then coat my hair from root to tip with the conditioner again and use a shower comb to gently detangle. After rinsing that out and I normally do an oil rinse with EVOO. (I only use shampoo maybe once every 3-4 washes or depending on how my hair feels)

I then separate into 4 sections to prep for my blow out. I coat it with a little more oil and then a cream styler to complete the LOC method. Using my blow dryer I go through using the tension method to blow dry each section. I normally spend no more than 2-3 minutes, if that long, on each fourth.

I then put 3 medium/large twists in each section. I normally use ORS Twist and Lock gel, but seeing as I am currently out of that I used a mix of aloe vera gel and Eco Styler Olive Oil gel to create this look!


I prefer this method over my wet twist out mainly because of my shrinkage. I love fluffy big hair and this seems to work best for the look that I am trying to create. To maintain, I pineapple at night and maybe have to retwist depending on how it holds up post workout.





What is your favorite way to do your twistout?
Are you a wet or dry styler?
Let me know below!!

Follow me at @va_slim25 on ig for more pics!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment