• How to: Nighttime Maintenance for Natural Hair

Hello My Naptural Beauties!

This is a quick post on how I pineapple my hair to maintain my styles during workout and at night! I've tried a few different ways of doing a pineapple on my hair and this method has given the most consistent results.


I originally used to push all of my curls to the top of my head and tie my satin scarf around to hold them all in place while I slept. While this method did maintain my style most times, I would have flat pieces around the perimeter of my head when I would take the scarf off in the mornings. I've also used a dress sock (yeah, random I know) but sometimes I want a smaller puff than others, and although it is great for that purpose it also creates straight pieces along the edges as well.



After experimenting with a new style technique, the perm rod set, I decided to use a wide ouchless head band to hold my curls in place for my workouts, and thought one night to leave the headband on and loosely tie the scarf around my hair. It worked perfectly!!!




My curls fell right back into place, and none of those awkward flat pieces because the scarf wasn't tied too tightly.

This is all I do to maintain my styles throughout the week, whether it is a perm rod set or twist out. If I follow this method, I can keep my styles looking good for about a week!

Hope this answers any questions!

How do you maintain your hair at night???

No comments:

Post a Comment