• Beyonce Inspired Bun w/ bangs



With the official start of summer approaching and humidity on its way to ruin fros and straight hair alike, I have been on the hunt for cute protective styles. I am a fan of simplistic styles that are easy to achieve, maintain, and won't break your pocket. 

As you can tell I love to switch my hair often so styles such as sew ins don't last long, and I feel like I waste too much money in the process. While browsing, I came across a picture of Beyonce' and she was sporting a high bun with a drastic bang and I knew that I had to recreate this look for my upcoming Vegas trip. 

It was sleek yet edgy and that was perfect for the outfits I had in mind for my weekend getaway. With the 3 digit temps and the long nights that were to come, I knew doing hair wasn't going to be the first thing on my mind. I chose a style with bangs because if I did perspire I didn't have to worry about my  curling edges being noticeable. 

 This is what you will need:
(doughnut bun is optional) 





I put my hair in a sleek bun the night before and slept in a scarf to make sure that it was smooth when I was ready to do the style. The next set of pictures will show the steps to recreate the look.

Steps:

1. Start with your hair in a sleek bun.

2. Take out the hair you chose for the style, and detangle before you attach and start wrapping.


3. Attach to your bun with a hair pin or bobby pin and wrap the track around your bun until you run out of hair and secure it with hair pins. 




4. After you finish wrapping the track, gather all the hair and flip it over your bun so that it completely conceals your hair. You can either use a black pony tail holder at this step to create your bun, or take piece of your hair and wrap it around to create a bun and secure it with hair pins. 


5. Gather all your hair in the front and cut your bangs to your liking!



And there you have it! 5 simple steps and you have a edgy protective style that is summer ready! You can style however you choose!!! 






Let me know if you give this style a try! Hope this helps my naptural beauties!
Enjoy!

@va_slin25 (ig)

No comments:

Post a Comment