• Uses of Apple Cider Vinegar




This week’s beauty tip is going to focus on Apple Cider Vinegar and all its health glory! I know these haven’t been quite weekly as I am struggling to find time between my work schedule and my workout regimen however, this one was on the top of my list when I decided to begin this post series.

Apple Cider Vinegar, or ACV, has many natural remedy like properties and I myself have used it for a few different things on my personal being as well as around the house. I have personally used it on my hair as a cleanser as well as I just recently  began putting a tablespoon in a 8 oz glass of water with the lemon of half a juice to drink first things in the morning. Now, I know you are thinking “DRINK ACV”, but it’s not actually that bad. I’m not saying that it’s good either, but it is manageable.

ACV has anti bacterial properties that are known to kill the bacteria on the scalp that cause dandruff or dry scalp. Being that 80% of the year my hair is worn in it’s natural curly state I tend to use quite a bit of product that can cause product build up in between washes. I also don’t use shampoo because of the way my hair feels after each use, so by using ACV as my cleansing agent once a month I am able to rid my scalp and hair of any build up.

I also just began a morning regimen of drinking a glass of water with a tablespoon of ACV. I add fresh lemon juice because I just can’t do the taste of the vinegar by itself. ACV is known for is detoxifying properties as well. So consuming one to two glasses of water with a tablespoon of ACV is said to help flush out the system. ACV is also known as a “weight loss” agent as well as a digestive aid if you have any issues such as acid reflux. I am going to give it a try for a little while, just to see if I feel any differences within my body and I will keep you updated.

The last way I’ve used ACV is for cleaning. It is awesome for disinfecting and great for household chores. My mom uses just a few tablespoons mixed in with her normal cleaning agent when she uses the steamer on our area rug. Disclaimer, you might have a slight vinegar smell linger for a few days especially from the steamer itself, but it goes away.

So, what ways do you use Apple Cider Vinegar? Are you up to put the beauty tip of the week to work?



Give it a try!
Enjoy my Naptural Beauties!

No comments:

Post a Comment