• Best Face Mask I’ve Ever Used

Hello my Naptural Beauties! Hope all is well as we approach the quickly approaching end of this summer!

I am here with another quick face mask post for those of you seeking to use more natural products in your skincare regimen. I am still on a quest to find the best products for my skin, especially my face as I am still dealing with pesky adult acne. I am still trying everything that I possibly can to avoid pills or topical to rid my face of these blemishes. Most of them produced noticeable changes but my skin is nowhere near perfect. (I have quite a few other posts with natural remedies as well, to check my other mask recipe out click here)


While browsing around YouTube per usual, I watched a vlog where one of my favs (Naptural 85) mentioned using a Bentonite clay mask. I had heard of them quite a few times before, but never considered giving one a try. At this time my skin was out of control however, I contribute that mainly to the start of a Raw Til 4 diet and my body going through the detox process during the first few days.

First, what exactly is Bentonite clay?

“Bentonite, also referred to as Montmorillonite, is one of the most effective and powerful healing clays. Bentonite can be used externally as a clay poultice, mud pack or in the bath and, in skin care recipes. A good quality Bentonite should be a grey/cream color and anything bordering “pure white” is suspect. It has a very fine, velveteen feel and is odorless and non-staining. The type of bentonite offered by Mountain Rose herbs is a Sodium Bentonite.” (Wikipedia)



  • burns
  • blemishes
  • insect bites
  • eczema
  • dry hair & scalp

I then decided to search around for the best brand of Bentonite clay to use. I stumbled across the Aztec Secret brand Indian Healing Clay which can be purchased from your local Whole Foods for about 5 bucks. (pictured above)
While in line to pay, 2 young woman praised my product choice and told me the many ways that they used the Bentonite clay personally. Needless to say, I was so excited I went home and used it that same night.
 To create the facemask you’ll need a few items:
1.       a small bowl to mix in
2.       a spoon
3.       apple cider vinegar or water (your choice)
4.       the Bentonite clay

I typically eyeball my mixture using about two parts clay to one part liquid. Bentonite clay is a swelling clay so it expands on contact with the mixing liquid you choose. Stir for about 15-30 seconds and apply all over your face. Let sit for about 15-20 min, you will literally feel the impurities being pulled out of your skin. The mask does get very tight, so don’t plan on doing much while doing the treatment.


To remove, just use a warm washcloth and it comes off rather easily most times. Don’t be worried if you see a little redness after the treatment, and make sure to moisturize your skin after removal.
I've been using this for about 2 months now, and I will say that it does a great job of drying up any acne that I might have on my face during the time of application. Definitely suggest that you give it a try, I promise you won’t be disappointed.
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment