• DIY Oatmeal & Honey Face Mask


 

As we continue to fly through the first month of the new year, a light bulb went off in my head as I played beauty chef in my kitchen.

The past year of fashion focused on minimalism and all its glory. With simplistic lines, palettes, shapes in mind this way of thinking crept over into my daily life.

Not only did my wardrobe adopt minimalistic principles, my diet and personal hygiene regiments have as well.

So, to go along with this lifestyle change I have decided to adopt a more natural skin/hair care regiment.
All of these things combined birthed the idea of including this beauty tip of the week post. This week is going to show you a simple DIY Oatmeal and Honey facemask.

Things you will need:
1. Rolled oats (Quick oats will do)
2. Honey (I used organic)
3. 1 small pot
4. Set of measuring cups and spoons
5. A spoon
6. A stove
Here we go!





Steps:
1. Measure one cup of water and pour into pot and let boil.
2. Once water is boiling, measure and add 1/2 cups of rolled oats.
3. Turn stove off and stir until creamy.
4. Add 1 tbsp. of honey and stir.
5. Let mixture cool.
6. Apply mixture to clean face.
7. Leave on for anywhere from 15-25 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
8. Enjoy your soft and moisturized skin.
** if any is left over store in fridge for a few days and use as often as desired.

Disclaimer: Highly suggested!!! Do a test patch first to ensure no allergies.

No comments:

Post a Comment